Monday, February 1, 2016

February Creative Crew

Valentines, tags and watercolor backgrounds.  What a fun month!

The first challenge was DSP/Color Focus. CCREW0216DF   We were to use the paper or make our own watercolor background paper using the colors in the Perfectly Artistic DSP.  Using Watercolor Paper I spritzed it with water, then brushed Mint Macaron, Soft Sky, Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake.  Then I stamped with Timeless Texture to add more depth and texture.  

This challenge was Catalog Focus.  CCREW0216CF  Tags!  Make a tag with a not-so-common item.    I made the tag and used it on an oversized card.  This is my favorite project from this month.  I started with this piece of Birthday Bouquet DSP.  I made the flower first, then added the doilies, stamped and shabbied up the card stock pieces of the tag.  Layered everything together and put it on the card.  I spritzed some shimmer and accented with Wink of Stella.  This is a favorite Bible verse and I love that it is part of the Rose Wonder Stamp Set.   





This challenge is the Holiday Focus.  CCREW0216HF  Combine Valentine's Day (Feb 14) with No Brainer Day (Feb 27). The definition of the No Brainer Day is "doing something that is simple, easy, obvious and/or totally logical."  Make a Valentine's Day project that you totally don't stress over! Give it to a loved one.
For this project, I started by cutting out the large scalloped heart.  Then I crocheted a heart using Linen Thread.  The idea came to make a stamped clay heart.  While this project did take time because the heart had to dry, it came together easily.  It also uses the tag challenge.


This card is also the Holiday Focus.  The card base is cut using the Heart Thinlits.  Score the back piece and attach with glue to the front piece.  That genius idea came from my friend, Robin Spinner.  It leaves the front of the card intact without a fold to mar the image.


Have a great day!
Debra

1 comment:

Emma Fewkes said...

These are gorgeous! I love the heart shaped card, great idea to use a "Robin" fold :) The colour pallette is perfect and classic "Debra".