Tuesday, May 31, 2011

June Creative Crew

This months focus is on flowers, weddings and sunny weather.  I did a few extra projects.  I just love the flowers theme.  I had so much fun playing with making flowers. 


CCREW0611CF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - Catalog Focus:* FLOWERS*
Stampin' Up! has flowers! Ribbon Flowers, Rub-on Flowers, Button Flowers, Brad Flowers, Crocheted Flowers, Paper Flowers, Die Cut Flowers, Stenciled Flowers! The challenge is to use any flower except stamped flowers! - Look to the IB&C pages 156, 183 & page 188 for inspiration

These roses are made out of paper.  I made them like you would ribbon roses.  I had friends (Cathy, Joyce and Yvonne) come to a class last Saturday and were showing them some of these that I had made.  I had mentioned that they needed something.  Joyce said to spritz them with shimmer paint.  GENIUS!  So I cut the strips and sprayed them on both sides with Champagne Mist.  Then I rolled them into the roses.  They look sooooooooo much more beautiful.  LOVE the shimmer.

These flowers were made with the Fancy Flower Punch.  They are Faux Suede.  Then I stacked 3 together offsetting the petals and squished them up.  Then I dipped the edges in mono multi and then Dazzling Diamonds.  They sure are sparkly!  They were very fun to make.  This also fit into the challenge directly below.  DSP/Color Focus.

 CCREW0611DF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - DSP/Color Focus:
*Sunny Garden* June, a time for iced tea, gardens bursting, and riots of color. This month we're going bright (which is a true challenge for me) Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait - you do not have to use the actual DSP it's the color combo we're looking at, however if you have the DSP please feel free to use it as well!
 
The Sunny Garden Designer Series Paper is so bright and cheerful.  I love it but rarely use it.  Once I got started I was on a roll.  I just couldn't stop creating with these beautiful colors together.  On both of the projects below I used Shimmery White Cardstock.  It is my favorite to stamp on.  On the flowers I used Illuminate top coat Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink.  It gives it a sparkly shimmer.  I also used Basic Rhinestones.  These projects were just asking for them.  Don't you think?
 

This project also uses the Fancy Favor Box.  
 
 
CCREW0611HF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - Holiday/Seasonal Focus: *Love Birds* It wouldn't be right to have June, weddings, flowers, etc without the birds! Let this Love Birds Shower Ensemble inspire you! You do not have to do wedding cards, however you must use a bird
 
I used the birds next to each other because I wanted to show commitment together.  Side by side.  Always and forever.  That is what I was striving for.   



 
The challenge I didn't do is this one.
CCREW0611SF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM - SB Inspiration Focus: *Scrapbooking Poems * This month your mission is to encoporate a poem into your SB project. I've included a link to some poems that work well with scrapping.
 
It just wasn't coming together for me.  So I did extra in other areas.
 
Everything is ©Stampin' Up! 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

All goregous projects Debra!
How did you get that white piece on the first card that shape? the one that is embossed? I love it!TFS

Debra said...

Top note die. Run it through and then turn it and run it through again.

Lorien Clark said...

Fabulous! They are all so pretty. I can't pick a favorite.

Robin said...

Beautiful, Debra! Loving those little blue flowers!

Unknown said...

All are gorgeous Debra!! I am in love with this first card though!! Those flowers are awesome and I will be showcasing this card on My Crafty Picks #22 with a link back to your blog on 6-26-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
Tiffany
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Kris McIntosh said...

I love the paper rolled roses. So gorgeous. Congratulations for being on Tiffany's blog picks.